Friday, January 11, 2013

Kate's Amazing Kar Factz


           In light of hubby buying me a new Jeep this weekend...I will regale you with some entertaining stories about me and Karz...

Not the jeep I got...but the Jeep of my dreams!
        
 Good Advice: When sending your WIFE down the road with a gas can, it is considered impolite to ask her to BRING YOU BACK A BEER!
       Yes...That really happened to me!
     A looooong time ago, we were driving between Nowhere and Nowhere when we ran out of gas in the 'silver bullet'. Hubby turns to me and says something about how it's hot (it was middle summer) and he would stay with the car. And why don't I walk back down to Vaughn's house ~that we passed like 2 miles ago~ WITH THE GAS CAN ... oh, and babe... Why don't you bring me back a couple of beers too....
     So, like the dutiful wife I Was, I DID...I walked down the road with the gas can. And when I got there, I DID get a beer, which I promptly drank. And then I DID the next best thing... I called his mother to come pick me up. Which she DID....
   So the moral of the story is... Don't expect your wife to walk down the road with a gas can and NOT leave you there!
     (said hubby is an EX Hubby....)
                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Speed limits are arbitrary figures, given only as suggestions.
                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>                What's so great about being famous if people don't know Who you are?  One year, I was driving back to Colorado from California. It was a complete blizzard on the pass. So I literally got right on some trucks rear-end and stuck there like glue. You couldn't see the end your car hardly...so I blindly followed these tail lights hoping the whole time they knew where they were going...Thankfully, they did!...We pulled into the same truck stop on the other side of the pass...Them on one side of the gas pump. Me on the other. The guy closest to me jumps out and ....this is the gist of our conversation      
       Him:Following a little close, weren't ya?
      Me: It was all I could see.
      Him: (sticks out his hand to shake)  Well...I'm Dale.
      Me: Katy
      Him: D-a-a-a-l-e (real slow, like I'm an idiot)
      Me: K-a-a-a-a-a-a-t-y...(with a trace of sarcasm)
      Him: Dale Earnhardt? (with a question in his voice)
      Me: Uhhhh, Katy Kassian....(now I know HE must be an idiot!)
      Him: Don't you know who I am?
      Me: Should I?
      Him: I'm a famous race car driver?
      Me: Are you any good?
          By this time his companion is standing near by snickering....
      Him: well...I've won lot's of important races.
      Me: Well, maybe if you were REALLY good that that Mario Andretti guy I would have recognised your name....
         His companion was all but rolling in the snow laughing butt off by now...

           I still wasn't sure who he was until I got home and looked him up on the internet.

     ** For the record~ I now know that Dale Earnhardt was a real racecar driver.
Not me!...a re-creation...
     *** The only reason I even know who Mario Andretti is, is beacuse waaaaaaay back we all had little Mario Andretti 'drivers licenses' to the M.A. go-cart track!
                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       Our town was so small....(how small was it?)  that out funeral parlor was a U-Haul!
                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  
           Oh well~ At least I don't dodge car hoods any more! (that one shaved a few years off my passengers life...)

Katy


     

No comments:

Post a Comment